Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Ted Nolan to New York Islanders


Comments:
Han, MItakuyepi, Mi Sic'Esi,
I am an Ieska, half blood, who was adopted out by my half blood birth mother, who was herself adopted out, illegally & to the U.S, because her father was a fullblood, probably/possibly First Nations Canadian. She had abusive white adoptive parents, & abusive Greek/U.S. husband, & had a relationhip with an at-least half blood Scottish/U.S. & Native man, which created me. She was unhappy, my birth father was also abusive; she was destitute; she was having miscarriages & her babies were dying; she was divorcing her abusive husband; my father was not divorcing his wife, so she adopted me out to, guess what - abusive adoptive white parents. At least we lived in the middle of nature in the Upper Penninula of Michigan, among Ojibwe people, & lived across from a Great Lake always, & camped all summer, & watched Canadian TV, meaning HOCKEY, which I consider the hardest, most skilled sport, which I love, & curling!!!! Ya, I'm a Native and a Yooper, eh! I was raised white, but I knew from a toddler I was Native. I grew up very young & fast & wild, then went to university forever, then got - guess what - an abusive job at a univerity in the Mid-dle of Nowhere-West, but here I found the Lakota people, who took me in & I have been following the Red Road, & now I am up on the most Wakan of Creator's Wakan He Sapa, Mato Sapa, Bear Butte, in the Black Hills, protesting the "purchase" of the land from its "owners" by about three different capitalists who want to "develop" Creator's most Wakan land - where we all pray our most important prayers in our lives, & have our most important Ceremonies - one, a typical one, Jay Allen, by building 600 acres of bars & concert arenas for 600,000 bikers who come to the Annual Sturgis Bike Rally in August - within a mile of the place where we must pray & watch & listen for the answers from Wakan Tanka & the Wakan Spirits with Hollow Bones, in silence, with no one & nothing near us but Nature. We don't bring anything up there, no food, nothing to drink, no clothes or blankets or shelter - NOTHING - except can 'sa 'sa for prayer, and prayer flags. And they want to attract 600,000 bikers there for rock concerts & alcohol - the noise, the non-believers, the sights that will interfere with the messages we cry for from Wakan Tanka & the Spirits through silence & seeing only Nature, for four days & nights.
I should get a new Indian name, slowlwaway, I know: Woman Who Talks Too Much. I am a blogger too, and I saw this Site, Red Road, Hockey, Natives, & I wrote. May you be blessed by Wakan Tanka. I had a great break from the gravity of politics.
Mitakuye Oyasin, Hante Unpan Winyan, Cedar Elk Woman
What is your TEAM???? I will follow them and become a fan!!!!
 
OK, New York Islanders...You have a new FANATIC. I love all sports, professional and college, and from a child I have watched and loved hockey - I grew up in da UP, where there are Infant Leagues, Crawler Leagues, Toddler Leagues, Pee-Wee Leagues, all the way up. I even skated in an ice show along with some hockey games when I was five.
Anyway, from da UP to New York City, with which I fell IN LOVE, and wanted to work, to deep sigh nebraska - WHERE I FOUND a TRIBE THAT WOULD TAKE A HALF BREED & BEGAN MY "LEARNING JOURNEY ON THE RED ROAD" - so there was a reason for me to come here. But I am a Pistons fanatic, a Big Red fanatic, a Raiders fanatic, and on and on...after giving up on a couple of hockey teams, I was at a loss, but now I have got one to follow and it is from NYC, where I go once a year, just go get that attitude and adreneline. Wopila. You gave me a break from Politics, AND a HOCKEY TEAM. TWO Blessings. WOPILA. WOPILA. WOPILA. WOPILA. Mitakuye Oyasin,
Jennifer, Hante Unpan Winyan, Cedar Elk Woman NEW YORK ISLANDERS ROCK AND RULE THE ICE!!!!
 
San Jose Sharks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?